“We want to win UECL”, Idris Umaev on challenges in EuroCup.
FC Aktobe’s forward, Idris Umaev, commented on the results of the draw of UEFA Europa Conference League 2023/24 Qualification Round 2 with the Prosports.kz reporter, Bekarys Alimkhan.
– Idris, what would you say of the draw results?
“Our potential opponents, Torpedo Kutaisi or Sarajevo, are one of the strongest clubs in their countries where football is popular and has its traditions. FC Sarajevo is from Bosnia and Herzogovina, and all Balkan clubs have a good average level of European football and quality players. Teams in the Balkans are known for their strong character”.
“As for Torpedo, they are one of the most titled clubs in Georgia, along with Dinamo Tbilisi, where many technical players play. Georgian players have always stood out for their technical skills. As they say in Russia, Dagestanis are born with the third degree in wrestling, then Georgians are born with the third degree in football. It will not be easy, both with the Balkans and with the Georgians, but I believe that “Aktobe” can win and advance further in Europe”.
– You noted that both teams will not be easy to play with, but who would you like to see as an opponent?
“I do not think that it will be easy for us, there is no easy matches in EuroCup, but we are ready to any of them!”
– Does Aktobe have a task to pass in the group stage?
– Our goal is to pass as far as possible and win the CUP.
– Do you mean the Conference League?
– FC Aktobe always has the highest challenges, no matter where we play and with whom.